Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
7-Grain Heritage Pancakes
We blended some of our favorite organic whole grains for a pancake mix that is full of nutrients yet light and fluffy, just like a pancake should be. We use a fine mill of Turkey Red wheat; Red Fife wheat; Oat; Rye; Buckwheat; and Wild Rice Flours; as well as flaxseed meal. The wild rice is paddy rice, not cultivated, and comes directly from Minnesota natural stand wild rice. Many of our customers with a gluten intolerance find this blend to be more digestible. Use the recipe below, or add in an egg or mashed banana for a creamy, sweet version.
Servings: 6 Pancakes
- 1 Cup 7-Grain Heritage Pancake Mix
- 1 Cup Milk
- 2 tbsp Melted Butter or Coconut Oil
- Using a whisk, mix 7-Grain Heritage Pancake Mix and milk in a large bowl.
- Slowly mix in butter or oil. If you like a thinner pancake, add more milk.
- Let rest for five minutes. Meanwhile, warm a large skillet over medium heat.
- Once batter has rested, ladle pancake mix onto hot skillet, in increments of ¼ cup to ½ cup at a time.
- Flip pancakes once bubbles begin to form, or when the bottom turns golden brown. Heat for another minute or two.
- Top with butter; maple syrup; honey; fruit; or nuts.
Tried this recipe?tag #sunriseflourmill