- 1/3 cup Butter
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 3/4 cup Sunrise Flour Mill Heritage Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 cup (or more) Mashed Ripe Bananas (about 2 large or 3 small)
- 1/2 cup Nuts
- 1/2 Cup Sourdough Starter
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350F.
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and vanilla and
mix well after each addition.
- Mix in mashed bananas.
- If baking immediately, add in nuts or chocolate chips (if using) and pour into well-greased pans.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Check occasionally to make sure the top isn't getting too dark. Tent with foil when the top has reached its desired color.
- Mix all ingredients but nuts and add sourdough starter, mixing well.
- Refrigerate 7 hours or overnight.
- When ready to bake add nuts, if desired, and bake as above.
Tried this recipe?tag #sunriseflourmill