Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
There’s nothing more satisfying than a cup of warm chili with a slice of rich cornbread on the side. Our coarse ground cornmeal makes a dense loaf that doesn’t crumble, and our recipe has never failed us. It’s so easy, you don’t need any special tools or mixers. Just a bowl and a spoon or fork. If you want to try something new, drizzle with local honey on top, or fold fresh kernels of corn, a can of green chiles, or berries into the batter.
- Lightly grease a pie plate, 9x9 square pan, cake pan, or cast iron skillet.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine both corn meals, flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, mix baking soda with buttermilk.
- Add buttermilk mixture to dry ingredients, then stir to combine.
- Mix in eggs and melted butter, stirring until all dry ingredients are moistened.
- Pour batter into pan of choice and bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown on top.
- Cut into squares or triangles.
Tried this recipe?tag #sunriseflourmill