Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
Creamy Organic Polenta
Our cornmeal is milled from high-quality organic corn and full of texture and flavor. We have two versions to choose from; coarse or fine. A bowl of polenta makes a hearty side to any meal. Or you can add shaved cheese, sliced scallions, a handful of chives, or a dollop of butter or cream to make a filling, savory porridge. It’s a low calorie, nutritious alternative for our customers; including those who have an aversion to gluten.
- 1/2 Cup Cornmeal, Coarse or Fine
- 1 1/2 Cups Water
- Toppings of Choice
- Combine cornmeal and water in a small pot or pan.
- Stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low.
- Simmer for 20-25 minutes, stirring often.
- Add more water as needed.
- Enjoy as-is or add toppings, like butter; milk of choice; grated cheese, fresh corn, scallions, chives.
Tried this recipe?tag #sunriseflourmill