- 2/3 C Butter
- 1 1/2 C Sugar (1 1/4 C works too)
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 C Buttermilk
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 C Sifted Flour (any SFM flour will work. We've used Unifine Heritage Pastry Flour and Heritage White Flour with no differences).
- 2-3 Large, very ripe bananas.
- 2 C Sifted organic powdered sugar.
- Add whole milk or half & half to drizzling thickness.
- Heat oven at 350F for at least 30 minutes.
- Beat butter and sugar until well creamed. Add eggs one at time, beating well. Stir in vanillaSift dry ingredients together and add alternately with the buttermilk, beating well. Stir in mashed bananas.
- Grease a 9x13 pan with oil (coconut oil gives it a hint of different flavor).
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- When cool, sprinkle with sifted, organic powdered sugar or drizzle a glaze over it. This cake is very moist and no matter how much powdered sugar is put on it, the cake sucks it up.
Tried this recipe?tag #sunriseflourmill