- 1/2 Cup boiling water
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 Cup sugar
- 1/2 Cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 small eggs (or one large)
- 1 tsp fresh ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp dry active yeast
- 3 Cups Sunrise Flour Mill Bread Blend or White Flour
- Coconut oil for deep frying
- Boil ½ cup of water. Once it’s boiling, add the boiling water to the bowl of a stand mixer. Add coconut oil, sugar, and salt. Mix until salt and sugar have dissolved.
- Cool to lukewarm.
- In this order, add heavy whipping cream, egg(s), nutmeg, dry active yeast, and flour. Mix for 2 minutes.
- Let rest for 5-10 minutes
- Continue to mix for 5 more minutes on medium slow. If needed, add more flour slowly until the dough clings to the hook and cleans the sides of the bowl.
- Cover and let rest on the counter for 30 minutes.
- On a well-floured surface, flatten dough out to 1/4 inch by hand or with a roller. Cut into 2x3 inch rectangles.
- Deep fry in coconut oil at 360 F for about 2 to 3 minutes, 1-1 ½ ,minutes per side or until they are a deep golden brown.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight. On the day of baking, remove dough from the refrigerator and allow it to warm to room temperature.
- On a well-floured surface, press or roll out a rectangle about 1/4 thick.
- Cut into 2x3 inch rectangles.
- Deep fry in coconut oil at 360 F for about 2 to 3 minutes, 1-1 ½, minutes per side or until they are a deep golden brown.
Tried this recipe?tag #sunriseflourmill