- 520 g Sunrise Flour Mill Heritage White Flour
- 2 ¼ tsp Yeast
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 120 g Warm milk
- 1 Egg
- 140 g Warm water
- 2 Tbsp Butter or oil
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, yeast, salt, and sugar.
- In a small bowl, whisk together warm milk, egg and warm water.
- Slowly combine the wet and dry mixtures and knead the dough for 5-10 minutes or until the dough is smooth and elastic. Tip: if your hands are sticking to the dough, wet your hands with water instead of flouring your hands.
- Add butter or oil and knead for 5 more minutes. The dough should be smooth and elastic when done.
- Place the dough in a well-oiled bowl and turn it once so the ball of dough is coated in oil. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and allow it to rise until doubled in size. For a deeper flavor, put the dough in the refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight. Pull out of the refrigerator and allow the dough to rise.
- When doubled in size, shape the dough into either hot dog or hamburger buns.
- Shaping a hotdog bun: Press 3-4g dough balls into a flat square and roll it up fairly tightly. Then tuck the ends under and pinch it closed. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Shaping hamburger buns: Using about 3.5-4 ounces of dough per bun, form a dough ball. Flatten the ball slightly and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and let it rise in a warm place until the buns have doubled in size.
- Once doubled in size, brush the buns with an egg wash (1 lightly beaten egg). Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Tried this recipe?tag #sunriseflourmill