- 1/2 C butter, softened
- 1 C sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 C buttermilk
- 2 tbsp grated lemon peel
- 4 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 C Heritage White Flour or Heritage Bread Blend sifted
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 C powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp milk
- Note: You will need to chill the dough for at least two hours, so plan accordingly.
- In a large bowl, beat butter until light and fluffy. Add sugar and beat until well combined. Add egg; mix until well combined. Stir in buttermilk, lemon peel, lemon juice and vanilla. In a separate small bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add to the butter mixture.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Drop small rounded teaspoons of dough onto parchment lined or lightly greased cookie sheets. Bake for 6-8 minutes or until the edges are slightly golden. Sprinkle a pinch of sugar over each cookie. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Optional: Glaze the cookies once they have cooled.
Tried this recipe?tag #sunriseflourmill