- 12 oz Sunrise Flour Mill Fusilli
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 2 ½ Tbsp Heritage Whole Wheat Pastry Flour Any Sunrise Flour Mill Flour would work, but we prefer the pastry flour for this recipe.
- 3 Cups Whole milk
- 2 1/2 Cups mixed cheeses, shredded* (Example, our most recent bake included sharp white cheddar, gruyere, mozzarella, and ricotta. Next time it will be different). Use any of your favorite cheeses, or if you're like us, just clean out the cheese drawer and have a combination!
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- ½ -¾ Cups bread crumbs
- 1/4 tsp paprika, optional
- Heat oven to 350F
- Cook pasta according to package directions until almost al dente. It will soften a little more in the oven.
- In a medium saucepan, melt ¼ cup butter.
- Add flour one Tbsp at a time and whisk until a smooth mixture forms. Stir for one more minute.
- Add milk one cup at a time and mix in quickly until the sauce is smooth.
- When the sauce begins to thicken, stir in cheeses over low heat continuing to stir until all the cheese is melted.
- Pour sauce over the cooked pasta and stir until all the pasta is coated.
- Transfer pasta to a greased 8x8 inch or 9x9 inch baking dish.
Make the topping:
- Melt 2 Tbsp of butter in a skillet over medium heat
- Add breadcrumbs and stir until brown.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs over the top of the pasta.
- Sprinkle with paprika, if using.
- Bake for 30 minutes and serve immediately.
Tried this recipe?tag #sunriseflourmill