- 3 C Sugar
- 1 C Oil (melted coconut oil gives such a good flavor)
- 4 Eggs
- 3 3/4 C Sunrise Flour Mill Heritage Whole Wheat Pastry Flour.
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 15- oz. can pumpkin puree
- 2/3 C Water
- 1 C Nuts and/or raisins (optional)
- Heat oven to 350F
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugar and oil until well-mixed.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt. Add dry mixture to wet mixture one cup at a time until well combined.
- Beat in pumpkin puree and water.
- Add nuts and raisins, if using.
- Lightly grease pans and fill to about three-fourths full.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. If the top is browning too quickly, cover with foil.
Tried this recipe?tag #sunriseflourmill