- 1 C Heritage Sunrise Flour Mill Flour (any kind)
- 1 C sourdough discard
- 1/3 C parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp thyme
- 1/4 C olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Combine flour, starter, cheese, thyme, and oil. Mix until dough is formed.Divide the dough into two halves and shape both halves into flat disks. Place in an airtight container and refrigerate for one hour (or until firm).
- Preheat oven to 350F. Place disk on parchment or waxed paper. Flatten a little with your hands. Place another piece of paper on top. With the dough pinched between the two pieces of parchment paper, roll to desired thickness with a rolling pin (between 1/16 and ⅛ inches thick). The crackers will puff up a little during baking.
- Remove the top piece of parchment paper. Using a pizza cutter, cut into squares. Transfer the bottom sheet with crackers to a baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Brush the tops of the crackers with melted butter or olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the edges are golden. If browning unevenly, rotate the baking sheets in the oven.
Tried this recipe?tag #sunriseflourmill