- 450 g Heritage White Flour or Heritage Bread Blend
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 1/2 C Buttermilk
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Sift together flour, salt and baking soda in a large bowl. Slowly stir in the buttermilk until the dough comes together into a slightly sticky ball. Avoid over mixing.
- Place dough on a well floured surface. Shape the dough into a flat circle about 1 ½ inches thick.
- Grease a baking sheet using a 50/50 combination of butter and olive oil. Place the dough on the baking sheet. Cut a deep X across the center of the dough that reaches all the way out to the sides.
- Place in the oven for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, reduce heat to 400degrees. Bake until the top is golden brown. If the loaf is done, it should sound hollow when you tap the bottom.
Tried this recipe?tag #sunriseflourmill