- 450 g Heritage White Flour or Heritage Bread Blend
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 1/2 C Buttermilk
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, salt, and baking soda. Slowly stir in the buttermilk until the dough comes together into a slightly sticky ball. Avoid over mixing.
- Place dough on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Shape the dough into a flat circle about 1 ½ inches thick.
- Cut a deep X across the center of the dough that reaches all the way out to the sides.
- Place it in the oven for 15 minutes at 450F.
- After 15 minutes, reduce heat to 400F and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the thickest part comes out clean. If the loaf is done, it should sound hollow when you tap the bottom.
- Cut and serve immediately and don’t hold back on the butter - Irish, if possible
Tried this recipe?tag #sunriseflourmill