- Beer of choice
- Ultra-fine Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- Seasonings of your choice
- Oil for deep frying/frying
- Pour some beer in a bowl. You could start with half a bottle or can. The amount of batter you make will depend on the amount of fish you have. The easy part of this recipe is that if you don’t have quite enough, it takes no time to make more.
- Mix in flour to the thickness of your choice. Thicker batter = thicker breading.
- Season with salt and pepper or whatever you like. Cajun seasoning works really well on shrimp. For smelt and other fish, we add nothing but salt and pepper after they are finished frying.
- Put in a hot deep fryer or a pan of hot oil. Fry until golden brown.
Tried this recipe?tag #sunriseflourmill