Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
7-Grain Heritage Waffles
We blended some of our favorite organic whole grains for a waffle mix that is full of nutrients yet light and fluffy. We use a fine mill of Turkey Red wheat; Red Fife wheat; Oat; Rye; Buckwheat; and Wild Rice Flours; as well as flaxseed meal. The wild rice is paddy rice, not cultivated, and comes directly from Minnesota natural stand wild rice. Many of our customers with a gluten intolerance find this blend to be more digestible. We love our waffles topped with local butter, real maple syrup, sliced bananas, or toasted pecans.
Servings: 4 waffles
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup 7-Grain Heritage Pancake Mix
- Using a whisk, combine milk and egg in a mixing bowl.
- Stir in 7-Grain Heritage Pancake Mix.
- Let rest for five minutes. Meanwhile, heat waffle iron according to machine instructions.
- Grease with butter or coconut oil as needed.
- Once batter has rested, pour mix onto waffle iron and cook according to machine instructions.
- Top with butter; maple syrup; honey; fruit; or nuts.
Tried this recipe?tag #sunriseflourmill