About DELUXE Bread Kit (with bonus Sourdough Starter)
THIS DELUXE BREAD KIT INCLUDES:
- 5lb bag of Heritage Bread Blend Flour - This flour is blended specifically for baking a great tasting, nourishing loaf of bread, but you can also use it for all your baking.
- 2 Banneton Bread Proofing Baskets with linen liners- Your choice of either two 8” round, two 9” oval, or one of each. Bannetons are especially helpful with wet doughs and sourdough because they give you some structure and support while rising takes place. You can use without the liner to get the spiral design on your loaf, or use with the liner for a smooth boule. Using a banneton can be the difference between a flat loaf or a beautiful boule or batard.
- Danish Dough Whisk - You will love this versatile mixing tool so much you will wonder how you got along without it. You will use it for your initial bread dough ingredient incorporation, as well as all your stirring and mixing - batters, pancake mix, gravies, etc., and cleanup is a breeze.
- Lame Scoring Tool - Sourdough bread needs to be scored before putting it in the oven or the gas will explode out the side or top. This tool gives you the ability to cut cleanly and deeply.
- Bread Knife - The Mercer 10” Bread Knife is the best serrated knife we have used over our decades of home baking. We have given many as gifts and the recipients all agree. Slice bread cleanly, accurately, and easily.
- Bench Knife - Perfect tool for dividing your dough, scraping your work surface, and especially helpful when working with wet, high hydration recipes. Made in Massachusetts since 1837.
- Sunrise Flour Mill Recipe Card - The same sourdough recipe we use at home, recommend, and teach when we hold sourdough baking classes.
- BONUS: 100 Year Old Italian Sourdough Starter - With this Deluxe Bread Kit, we want you to have our coveted 100-year-old sourdough starter. This starter was brought to us over a decade ago from the Italian countryside, where it had already been providing wonderful loaves of bread for over 100 years. This is just what you need to begin, or level up your sourdough journey. In just 3-5 days it will be ready to bake with. It comes in a dehydrated state with instructions for growing and maintaining it.
What is Heritage wheat?
Heritage wheat was the predominant wheat grown in America up until the 1950’s. Many people find it more digestible than modern wheat. Its long deep root system allowed it to survive the Dust Bowl, and gave the Midwest its famous nickname “The a Bread Basket”. Heritage wheat was a staple in every household. The history of it can be tracked to biblical times and has been responsible for nourishing generations. It was grown before the introduction of intensive scientific plant breeding.This wheat is experiencing a resurgence.
Sunrise Flour Mill provides an easy subscription service to order our products. Your subscription will automatically renew on a recurring basis at which time your credit card will be charged automatically for the subscription products until you cancel your subscription. Taxes and shipping fees may apply. You may cancel your subscription at any time from the Subscriptions section of your account.
How to create a subscription
Simply find the products you want to order on subscription and select "Subscribe and save", then choose the frequency for delivery 30 days, 60 days, 90 days or 120 days. Finally add the product to your cart and proceed to checkout. You can add as many products as you like to your subscription.
How to manage your subscription
To manage your subscription login in to your Sunrise account and you will have tools to adjust, pause or cancel your subscriptions.
If you have any questions or need assistance please contact us
We ship all our product using UPS. We offer UPS at checkout to give you the best value.
- UPS Ground Discounted rates apply for all orders under $50
- $9.99 FLAT RATE SHIPPING For orders $50 or more
(Lower 48 states only. Alaska, Hawaii & US territories limit 18 lbs.)
Ask a Question
Sour dough starter is working like a charm...Can't wait for bread
This is a great kit to start baking with sourdough. It also contains very good instructions for starting and maintaining your sourdough starter. Looking forward to this experience!
My son is excited to try your sour dough starter! He makes all the bread, rolls, pizza dough etc from scratch!
The kit is so complete! I am beyond excited to begin making bread. Worth every dollar spent
My wife loved it. Great Mother’s Day gift!
Oh my goodness! I was overjoyed with it all! I do not like whole wheat or anything like that but my goodness that pancake mix was awesome! I had to try some, even though I am carnivore (90%) mostly. I have always made our own pancakes but I cannot eat flour-it gives me awful heartburn. I am hoping by returning to ancient wheat I will be able to eat it again. Thank you!
It was everything they promised! High quality, and helpful in the process of making delicious bread!
Just need the instructions for how to use the bannetons included.
Order was filled and shipped quickly and arrived in just couple of days.
9 years. I have been gluten free for 9 years after having horrible GI issues. By chance I found Sunrise Flour products and I can eat baked goods again. My whole world has opened back up. Shipping is fast, everything I have tried has been amazing. As a treat to myself I bought the Deluxe Bread kit. Baking again has been a great joy.
I’ve just begun the process of creating sourdough bread and bake goods and I’m so thankful for having such great flour and tools all ready to go! Wish me luck on this journey!!!!
Gave this as a gift because they wanted the best flour.
It's fantastic. We should have started with it instead of the smaller one. Just didn't know how addicting this would become. The bread knife is superior to anything else. So clean cutting and easy to start on hard crust loaves. The handle has great grip and leaves room for my fingers not to come into contact with the cutting board.
Is there a video tutorial for this recipe using the tools in this kit? Thanks in advance
Just a note that you’ll want to read ALL the instructions carefully before making any moves on working with the starter. It’s a 5 day, daily commitment to establish the yeast and then some planning is needed to make sure you set aside time for the bread proofing process. Glad I read through everything before I was out of town!