- 1/2 C butter, softened
- 3/4 C real brown sugar
- 1/4 C white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 C real maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp real vanilla extract
- 2 C flour, sifted - any SFM flour will work
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 C nuts, optional
- 1 C powdered sugar
- 1 tsp milk or half and half (or more to make it the correct consistency)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Heat oven to 350-375F (oven vary).
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars.
- One at a time, beat in egg, syrup and vanilla until just combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add the flour mixture to the wet mixture.
- Using a cookie scoop (or tablespoon) scoop the cookies onto a greased or parchment-lined cookie sheet leaving about 2 inches between cookies.
- Bake for 6-7 minutes or until the edges begin to brown. These cookies seem to bake very quickly so watch them carefully.
- In a small bowl, stir the milk into the powdered sugar. Add the syrup. Add more of either if necessary to make the correct consistency. Drizzle it over the cooled cookies once they have cooled completely. Immediately after glazing, sprinkle with sea salt.
Tried this recipe?tag #sunriseflourmill