- 3 Cups Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Cup Sunrise Flour Mill Flour (any type)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 5 Tbsp cold butter
- 1 Tbsp cold water
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a food processor, pulse together cheese, flour, and salt until the cheese mixes in with the flour. This could also be done with a pastry blender.
- Cut cold butter into 5-6 pieces and add to the food processor. Pulse until the mix comes together. It will have a crumbly consistency.
- Add 1 Tbsp of cold water and mix. This should form a dough ball. If you need more water, add ½ Tbsp at a time until a dough ball forms.
- Turn the dough out on a lightly floured surface. Form the dough into a ball and divide the ball into two equal sections. Flatten each section into a disk.
- Place the disk on parchment or waxed paper. Flatten a little more with your hands. Place another piece of paper on top. With the dough placed between the two pieces of parchment paper, roll to desired thickness with a rolling pin (between 1/16 and ⅛ inches thick). Remove the top piece of parchment paper. Transfer the bottom sheet with crackers to a baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Place the crackers into the oven. After 5 minutes, remove and carefully cut into squares using a pizza cutter. Place crackers back into the oven.
- Bake for 10 more minutes or until the crackers are golden. Depending on your oven, you may need to rotate the baking sheet to promote even browning.
- Tip: To help get these crackers crispy, after the crackers are finished baking, turn off the oven and open the oven door all the way. Leave it open until most of the oven heat is gone (about 5 minutes or so). Then shut the oven door, and let it cool down with the crackers inside. It made a huge difference for us!
Tried this recipe?tag #sunriseflourmill