- 1 tsp Dry Active Yeast
- 2 C Sunrise Flour Mill Heritage Bread Blend or Heritage White Flour
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 220 g Warm Water (1 Cup)
- In a large bowl, combine yeast, flour, and salt. Stir well to combine. In a separate bowl, combine water and oil. Add to the flour mixture, stirring as you go.
- When the dough has come together, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and cover with a dry dish cloth. Let it rest for 5-10 minutes.
- After the rest, dust with flour and knead the dough for 3-5 minutes until it has a smooth texture. Round it into a ball.
- Place the dough in a well-oiled pan (8-9’’ diameter with 1 ½’’ sides). Turn the dough to coat with oil. Cover with a cloth and let rise in a warm place until it’s doubled in volume, about 30-40 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 475 degrees F.
- Press out the dough with your fingertips, spreading it out as you go so it covers the entire pan. Cover again and let rise for 30-40 minutes in a warm place.
- Using your fingertips, make dimples in the dough. Brush the dough with olive oil, sprinkle with salt, and add your choice of spices and veggies. A standard is rosemary, small tomato slices, and parmesan cheese, but use combinations to your taste.
- Bake focaccia for 14-18 minutes, depending on desired crispness.
Tried this recipe?tag #sunriseflourmill