- 2 C SFM 7 Grain Heritage Pancake Mix, sifted. This step is very important or the muffins will be dry.
- 1 C whole milk
- 1/3 C sugar
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4-1 C any fresh or frozen berries (if frozen, make sure to thaw and drain well before adding)
- 1/2-1 C dried fruit
- 1/2 C chocolate chips, nuts of your choice, or coconut
- Heat oven to 350F.
- Line 12 regular-sized muffin cups with paper baking cups, or grease individual cups.
- In a large bowl, combine Pancake Mix and sugar. Make a well in the center.
- Mix all liquid ingredients together. Pour into the well of dried ingredients and mix gently with a fork or Danish Dough Whisk until the dry ingredients are just moistened. There may be some lumps but that's ok.
- Carefully mix in any additions. Over-mixing will make tough muffins.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until the centers are firm to the touch and muffins are starting to brown a little on top.
Tried this recipe?tag #sunriseflourmill