- In a medium sized mixing bowl, mix together milk and yeast. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Mix in butter, honey, and salt.
- Gradually mix in white and whole wheat flours. Beat thoroughly by hand for about 5 minutes. If needed, add enough flour to make a dough just barely firm enough to handle.
- Knead until smooth. Let rise for one hour.
- Punch down and shape immediately into 1 ½ inch round balls (about 10-12, depending on your pan size).
- Arrange in a buttered pan so they are touching. Brush lightly with melted butter and let rise for 1 hour or until doubled in size. Meanwhile, heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Bake until browned, 15-20 minutes. Enjoy!
Tried this recipe?tag #sunriseflourmill